Minister of Human Resources and Social Development Eng. Ahmed bin Sulaiman Al-Rajhi affirmed that the great support of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and His Royal Highness the Crown Prince for all sectors and government agencies resulted in a harmonious work during the last period, pointing out that the time has come to return to business and open the activities because it is one of the essential elements in driving the economic wheel.
This came in a speech by the Minister Eng. Ahmed bin Sulaiman Al-Rajhi where he said that he is honored to praise the contents of the speech of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and his feeling of pride of his sons and daughters working in various sectors who have confronted this pandemic with strength, steadfastness and sincerity.
He added that during the past months, the state agencies have proven its capability, with its harmonious and integrated work, in managing the crisis caused by this pandemic.
Regarding the private sector Eng. Al-Rajhi stated that the past period witnessed the gradual return of its activities. It was codified for preventive reasons, indicating that now and after opening the business and activities, the numbers of workers and consumers will increase in order to stimulate and revitalize the economic cycle, but the balance between the requirements of health protection and the needs of economic activities is an important requirement for this stage. This depends on all of our awareness and responsibility, and by this we will preserve the gains of the labor market in employing male and female citizens, and the expansion of creating new future jobs. The private sector is an essential and active partner in national development.
He also stressed that the return of works and activities does not mean lifting the precautionary measures, adding that being aware of safety reasons is still a basic requirement to protect citizens and expatriates.
Minister of Human Resources and Social Development Eng. Ahmed bin Sulaiman Al-Rajhi said that the work will be resumed after the Eid Al-Fitr holiday for this year in all government agencies and its affiliated entities subject to the civil service system, according to the following arrangement:
1. Starting from Sunday 8/10/1441AH, the beginning of returning to workplaces shall be at least 50 percent of the entity’s employees (provided that this includes all the directors of departments and higher positions), and the rest of the employees who did not return to the workplaces will continue to work remotely.
2. Starting on Sunday 15/10/1441 AH, the percentage of employees who return to workplaces shall not be less than 75 percent of the entity’s employees, and the rest of the employees who have not returned to workplaces will continue to work remotely.
3. From Sunday 22/10/1441 AH, all employees will return to their workplaces.
4. The attendance of employees shall be according to groups, by activating the flexible working hours mentioned in Article (12) of the Executive Regulations for Human Resources in the Civil Service by dividing them into three groups:
The first group starts work at 7:30 am.
The second group starts work at 8:30 am.
The third group starts work at 9:30 am.
5. The arrangements mentioned in (1-2-3) do not apply to the cases excluded from the attendance at the workplaces specified by the Ministry of Health in the Ministry Circular No. (8832) dated 14/8/1441 AH until further notice.
6. The competent minister or the head of the independent authority or whoever he delegates during the period from Sunday 8/10/1441 AH to Thursday 10/19/1441 AH, determines who attends to workplaces of the entity’s employees and their percentage should be not less than mentioned in Item No. (1-2).
7. The provision of services to citizens and expatriates during the period from Sunday 8/10/1441 to Thursday 10/26/1441 AH, will be limited to digital channels unless the authority sees the importance of opening the branches.
9. The concerned departments of government agencies continuously ensure that the workplaces are compatible with the preventive measures issued by the Ministry of Health.
The Minister of Human Resources and Social Development concluded by saying: I would like to express my sincere thanks to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and His Royal Highness the Crown Prince for their unlimited care and support, which undoubtedly contributed to mitigating the negative effects of the pandemic.