We live in times of unprecedented change. As competitive pressures mount, organisations need more than ever to operate at peak levels of performance.
Consequently, many organisations are now transforming their businesses to save costs, create more client-centricity, restore stakeholder confidence and/or embed new business models. Selecting the right programs and projects to invest in is crucial to ensuring the organisation’s long-term success. This can be realised by effective portfolio management as it provides a mechanism for the organisation to ensure that the strategy is translated into tangible programs and projects.
The Project Portfolio Management for Business Transformation course is designed to equip participants with project portfolio management best practices, tools and techniques to help them drive business transformations in line with the organisational strategies. The course will provide you with practical methodologies to successfully define, design, govern, implement and sustain project portfolio outcomes, transformation objectives, and organisational capabilities.
Moreover, you will acquire a deeper understanding of key focus areas of a Transformation Office and how it differs from, yet works alongside, conventional Project Management or of Strategy Delivery Offices.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for people looking to manage transformations using project portfolio management practices including:
- C-level and senior executives accountable for business transformation
- Professionals who sponsor, manage or participate in business change programmes
- Middle to senior managers managing or involved in complex business transformation
- Portfolio Directors, Portfolio Analysts and PMO Managers
- Functional managers involved in project/programme management/transformation
- Entrepreneurs involved in complex transformations
- Experienced project/program managers who are involved or planning to be involved in transformation programs
Benefits of Attending
- Successfully manage business transformation by effectively screening and aligning your project portfolio with your enterprise’s strategic objectives
- Implement a framework to assess business environments, evaluate transformation needs, and prepare for business transformation
- Become fully equipped with tools and methodologies that will allow you to design and manage transformation initiatives varied in complexity and size
- Understand the importance of project portfolio management and analysis in balancing and prioritising portfolios for maximised investment, risk and reward
- Understand the role and importance of the Transformation Office (TO) and how it differs from the traditional Project Management Office (PMO)
- Be familiarised with the challenges faced in managing project portfolios in your organisation’s business transformation journey and how to overcome them